The Economist required a selection of gifts for several purposes:
- Subscription gifts
- Reader competitions and giveaways
- To expand readership in non-traditional readership profiles
HOW DID WE CHOOSE GIFTS?
- Gifts were chosen based on quality, image and fit with readership profile.
- The client was also trying to expand readership in the student market and gifts were recommended accordingly – the client selected headphones as a gift to reach this market.
- Increased brand exposure
- Positive reinforcement of brand values
- Improved and more rewarding reader experience